Current IEE Seed Grant
The Institutes of Energy and the Environment (IEE) announced its 2020–21 Seed Grant Program. The funding is intended to foster basic and applied interdisciplinary energy and environmental research that leverages faculty expertise across the University. The deadline to submit proposals is 5 p.m. on February 12, 2021.
- February 12, 2021, 5:00 p.m. - Proposals due
- March 19, 2021, 5:00 p.m. - Funding decisions announced
- April 16, 2021 - Grant funds made available and must be expended by June 30, 2022
Investing in Innovation
Since the seed grant program's beginning, its goal has been to sow investments in the beginning stages of new and innovative energy and environmental research. IEE has awarded more than $2 million to over 100 interdisciplinary projects across multiple Penn State colleges and campuses.
The Seed Grant Program strives to:
- Develop new interdisciplinary research teams and position them for substantial external funding success
- Pursue novel science related to IEE’s research themes
- Promote research development and mentorship between junior and senior faculty
Seed Grant Impacts
Return on Investment
return on IEE seed grants, or $2.50 for every $1 invested
students supported with IEE seed grants
scholarly publications or presentations related to IEE seed grants