The Institutes of Energy and the Environment (IEE) Seed Grant Program is intended to foster basic and applied research on strategic interdisciplinary topics that leverage faculty expertise across the university. Since 2013, IEE has awarded more than $2 million to 96 interdisciplinary projects across fifteen Penn State colleges and campuses.
IEE has five strategic research themes of focus (listed alphabetically):
- Climate and Ecosystem Change
- Future Energy Supply
- Health and the Environment
- Smart Energy Systems
- Water and Biogeochemical Cycles
The Seed Grant Program strives to:
- Develop new interdisciplinary research teams and position them for substantial external funding success;
- Pursue novel research in IEE’s theme areas, especially high-risk proof of concept projects; and
- Promote research development and mentorship between junior and senior faculty.
2019 Seed Grant Opportunity
|November 6, 2019||12:15–1 p.m.|
|December 4, 2019||5 p.m.||
|February 6, 2020||5p.m.||
Funding decisions announced
|April 1, 2020||--||Grant funds made available and must be expended by June 30, 2021|
Please direct any questions regarding the Seed Grant Program to email@example.com.