Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 1:25pm
A four-part virtual symposium series to expand networks and inspire creative strategies to promote biodiversity in urban, agricultural and natural areas, to improve human and ecological health and well-being.
Purpose and Goals
- A global movement has emerged to mobilize governments, civil society, businesses and all people to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals within the next 10 years.
- Among the key goals are the need to ensure biodiversity and a healthy bioeconomy.
- Biodiversity is critical for healthy ecosystems, producing plentiful nutritious food, and human well-being.
- Supporting and expanding biodiversity requires creative and cross-disciplinary approaches that bring together scientists and stakeholders.
- Penn State is a world leader in the study and management of biodiversity across agricultural, natural and urban landscapes.
- This symposium will foster synergies across the expertise and perspectives of multiple Penn State colleges, institutes, and centers as well as partner institutions.