Health and Safety
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has the latest virus information and tips to keep your body and mind healthy.
Employees working or visiting campus are now strongly encouraged to download and use the Penn State Go app Symptom Checker to verify your health and potential risk factor. The process takes less than 1 minute to complete and you are expected to use it daily or every time you go to campus. If you pass, you can go to campus. If you do not, please stay home and notify your supervisor.
Information for Supervisors
- In coordination with University Health Services, Occupational Medicine, and Human Resource Absence Management, instructions are available for supervisors responding to reported cases (suspected or confirmed) of COVID-19 in their work unit.
- Occupants in the Land and Water Building, Energy and the Environment Laboratory and working at the Sustainability Experience Center are asked to coordinate with Gwen Bryson (email@example.com) and Alan Witmer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For current Penn State Environmental Health and Safety guidance, please visit: https://ehs.psu.edu/covid19
Principal Investigators with on-campus research needs in the Energy and the Environment Laboratory or Land and Water Research Building, should review the following information and submit a request to Return to Research.
- For researchers with experimental facilities in the Energy and the Environment Laboratory or Land and Water Research Building, please see https://iee.psu.edu/returning-research-iee. OSVPR recommends that all researchers create a contingency plan to reduce onsite research if given short notice. Additional research-specific information is available from OSVPR.
- For researchers needing sample analysis at the Energy and Environmental Sustainability Laboratories (EESL), please contact them.
Facilities and Services
On May 19, 2020, the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research (OSVPR) in consultation with the Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Studies in the College of Medicine, provided guidance for the gradual and phased increase in on-campus research-related activities.
Principal Investigators with on-campus research needs in the Energy and Environmental Laboratory (EEL) or Land and Water (L&W) Research Building, should review the following information https://iee.psu.edu/covid19/returning-research-iee and submit a request to Return to Research.
- Radiocarbon Lab
- Water Quality Lab
- Center for Quantitative Imaging
- Organics Lab
- Deployable EESL
In Case of Emergency
Be sure to verify or update your contact and emergency contact in Workday.
Employees are asked to limit travel where possible and consider virtual options that might replace or reduce the need to travel. IEE employees that need to travel on University business need to submit a request to the OSVPR Travel Request in InfoReady. Download and complete the Travel Request Form linked on the InfoReady page, click the Submit Request button to fill out a request and upload the completed Travel Request Form, use the Submit Application button to route for approval.
Your request will be automatically routed to IEE and OSVPR leadership and you will receive a decision or recommended changes within 5 business days.
Information for Employees
An amended order issued by Governor Tom Wolf on March 1, 2021, provides guidance for any Penn State-sponsored event, either on or off-campus. (Classrooms are exempt from this order.) https://virusinfo.psu.edu/faq/story/what-is-the-status-of-in-person-meetings-events-youth-programs-camps-and-other-gatherings/
- Indoor meeting and event requests with more than 10 participants at no more than 15% of maximum occupancy must be submitted to IEE for approval. Masks and 6 feet of distance among attendees are required.
- Outdoor meeting and event requests with more than 10 participants at no more than 20% of maximum occupancy must be submitted to IEE for approval. Masks and 6 feet of distance among attendees are required.
Submit a request using the IEE In-Person Meeting Request Form at least 5 business days in advance.
If you are scheduling/rescheduling/canceling an event that you would like us to update or add to our calendar, please send information to Kevin Sliman (email@example.com).