Since the 1980s, Penn State has relied on planning to strengthen its ability to make careful, informed choices and to allocate resources according to evidence, judgment, and strategic priorities. Penn State’s current strategic plan, titled “Our Commitment to Impact,” establishes and elucidates the University’s priorities and goals through 2025. One of its five strategic themes is Stewarding Our Planet's Resources. For this cycle (2020–2025), the Institutes of Energy and the Environment is working with the Stewarding Our Planet's Resources Initiative in an effort to streamline strategic planning for both groups.
IEE and Stewarding Our Planet's Resources Strategic Planning Community Forums
Institutes of Energy and the Environment and Stewarding Our Planet's Resources invited community participation and feedback. All sessions will be recorded. The videos and the slide decks will be available for future viewing.
Leadership and Committees
- Stewarding Our Planets Resources Executive Committee
- Stewarding Our Planets Resources Steering Committee
- IEE Executive Committee and IEE Coordinating Council
Providing your Recommendation(s)
All members of the Penn State community were invited to submit input to IEE and Stewarding Our Planet's Resources leadership until May 31, 2020. Additional community input.
Community Forum #1: Update on Current Activities
- Thursday, May 7, 2020
- 1–2 p.m.
- This session featured a report out on existing activities and strategic opportunities from IEE and Stewarding Our Planet's Resources as well as colleges, institutes, and centers with priorities aligned with the Stewarding Our Planet's Resources theme.
Community Forum #2: Strategies for the Future
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- 3-4:30 p.m.
- This session featured community input and recommendations. Participants submitted a single slide describing strategies they'd like to discuss.